Training course in composite materials made from thermosetting resins and reinforcing fibers. Polyester, vinyl ester, epoxy and urethane acrylate resins are studied. We pay special attention to infusion / vacuum and injection processes in closed mold (RTM and RTM light). Among the practices carried out, is included the manufacture of the deck of a 3 m length boat, as well the manufacture of a 4 m length wind blade, both using a sandwich structure. Of special interest is also the study and use of the high-strength urethane-acrylic resin Crestapol 1250LVE®, Scott Bader trademarks. We will make composite moulds with glass fiber reinforcements and low shrinkage resins.
- The most important thermosetting resins of the composite industry and its main properties are studied. Applications of polyester, vinyl ester, epoxy and urethane acrylate resins.
- The reactivity of the resins is analyzed: crosslinking monomer, catalysts, hardeners, accelerators and inhibitors.
- Low styrene emission resins: dicyclopentadiene (DCPD) and vinyl ester-dicyclopentadiene resins.
- Polyester, vinyl ester and epoxy gel coats: types and application. Most common defects that may happen in applications with gel coats and how to avoid them. Gel coats for the manufacture of parts and mold are studied.
- High mechanical performance and corrosion resistant resins: vinyl ester resins. Main properties and uses.
- Epoxy resins: main properties, chemical and types. Glass transition temperature (Tg). Polymerization of epoxy resins: gel time, hardening and curing.
- Resins urethane acrylate type: a new generation of high strength resins for applications with carbon fiber, aramid fiber and polypropylene high impact resistance.
- Adhesives: urethane acrylate (Crestomer), methacrylates (Crestabond) and epoxy (Resoltech). Study of threaded joints in T for bulkheads. Unions composite-composite, composite-metal, etc. Adhesives for materials with different expansion coefficients .
- Reinforcement fibers: glass, carbon, aramid (Kevlar) and Innegra. Mechanical properties of composite laminates and fibers separately.
- Materials for the manufacture of sandwich structures (PVC cores, balsa wood, PET, PU, SAN, CORE CORK, honeycombs ...) compression and shear resistance.
- Release agents: Zyvax semipermanent systems.
- Rapid prototyping techniques: digital printing. Small introduction.
- CNC machined for model making and direct molds with foams or machinable plates .
- Particular relevance for manufacturing processes by infusion / vacuum and RTM.
- Advantages and disadvantages of these processes and comparison between them.
- Manufacture of composite parts with polyester, urethane acrylate and epoxy resins .
- Construction of a small mold using Rapid Tooling method with low shrinkage resins (low profile), and vinyl ester resin -DCPD of low shrinkage.
- Construction of an epoxy mold by casting with a high heat resistance and compression resin. Ideal for oven curing prepreg parts.
- Practice adhesives: We'll stick aluminum plates, laminated resin / fiber and plastics.
- Making a small piece in epoxy resin and carbonweaver with a split mold (two halves), to be later injected with a high compressive strength and low density epoxy foam..
-Production of a leaflet wind blade 4 m length, through the process of infusion / vacuum using Crestapol 1250LV resin and gel coat, reinforced with fiberglass and carbon / Innegra using Core Cork as the core.
- Making a small boat deck 3 meters long by infusion - vacuum technique using orthophthalic - DCPD polyester resin, multiaxial fabrics, sandwich ore (PVC density 80 kg / m3, PET recycling and Spheretex), peel plys, mesh distribution resin, vacuum bags, etc: The typical materials of these applications will be used .
- Manufacture of polyester piece injected by light RTM for the housing cover of a machine.
- Manufacture a composite piece made of prepregs of fiberglass and polyester / vinyl ester resin using a aluminum metal mold and performing an oven and vacuum curing.
WE WILL VISIT OUR COMPANY SKILLFUL TO SHOW YOU MANUFACTURING PROCESSES OF MODELS AND MOULDS BY CNC MACHINING, RAPID PROTOTYPING, ETC.
These services are shown in detail in WWW.SKILLFUL3D.COM